Sunday, August 02, 2009

AMA

So we'll see who's reading my blog.

Yep, I'm officially AMA. That means I'm pregnant and 35. So I'm old. Advanced Maternal Age. (AMA). Baby #4 is due at the beginning of February. We are very excited!! But I have to admit I'm feeling old this time too. The nausea sends me to bed, and, well, okay, pretty much anything sends me to bed these days! So, sadly, the other 3 have spent lots of time in the play room amusing themselves. (And sometimes screaming at each other too.)

But yes, we are excited! The kids are happy too. Emma and Caleb are both pretty vocal about wanting it to be a boy. Emma says, "There is a boy baby in your tummy". Very cute. Elizabeth doesn't really care either way, I think, although she does not want to share her bedroom with ANOTHER girl!

So as August begins and I look ahead to starting school with Elizabeth and Caleb in the next few weeks, I think, "Am I nuts?!" But clearly this baby, which we did plan for, has already been designed by our heavenly Father. And I may be (or go) nuts, but it will be worth it!! =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never knew what AMA was until now! Thanks.
I don't think it's that bad, Cynthia was 35 when Elijah was born last year. We survived. : )

CA Skellys said...

so I found out on Facebook first but I'm glad your blogging and I'm happy for you and one reason I'm strongly not wanting to get pregnant again - I don't want the AMA stamp on my file! We are not that old!!!