Monday, February 28, 2011

Days like today...

Days like today just can't happen all that often. I know other moms have the energy to handle days like today all the time, but I just do not. It's not that it was a bad day. It's just that it was a long day, a busy day, a full day. But it ended with whiny kids, a screaming babe, and a mom who was too tired to give baths tonight. (And a mom grateful for a dad who willingly helped out with those baths...)

I enjoy the days where I feel like we have as much time for school as we want or need. When we can spend as long as necessary figuring out the long division problems or reading about and discussing the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Days when I get to play a game with Caleb and do a craft with Emma, when I get to play on the floor with Ben till he giggles.

Nope, those things didn't happen today. But I am grateful that there will be other days this week that they will. At least, I hope they will.

What about you? Which kind of day do you prefer?

2 comments:

CA Skellys said...

Oh, I don't like those days...they are exhausting and I always feel so defeated but yes, there are those days, those days where all the school work gets done, where there's great conversation, a board game played, a nice walk taken in the warm sun, and everyone eats dinner with no complaints. That's my kind of day :)

Jessica said...

We dont do well with full on, busy days that leave you too tired to think either.Much prefer a quiet day where we can go at our own pace and get things accomplished, have fun and relax.